Friday, September 19, 2014

Favorite Apple Apps: Toddler Edition

Sometimes I find it a little hard to find really good apps. I end up downloading some (for me or my daughter) and half the time we end up having to delete it for being to annoying, not working properly or because we just don't really use it. So I'm going to try to regularly recommend some of my favorites. 

I have an iPhone, so most apps will be for iPhone, but I'll do what I can to find info for other devices as well. 

All my apps for today are from the same developer: Originator Kids

[ via ]
Endless Alphabet is by far my favorite app for my almost 3-year old daughter. Basically it's a puzzle-like game, but so much more. It gives you a word, says the word for you. Monsters run across the screen and send the letters flying. You put them back where they go, like a puzzle. The game pronounces the letter the whole time you're moving it, then says the letter once it is put in place. When you finish the puzzle, it says the word, defines the word, then there's a little skit acting out the word. 

It's pretty much amazing. That's probably why it's $6.99 on Apple devices. Less for Android. People complain that there aren't many words. You can buy more on iPhone (not familiar with other devices) but my daughter was fine with what they have. I believe it taught her a lot about identifying letters. She even started using a few of the words in her own speech. 



[ via ]
Endless Numbers is like Endless Alphabet, except with numbers. The pronunciation is the same, the puzzle aspect, the stories. Except with numbers. This app is FREE to start out. It doesn't have many levels, but free is free. You have the option to buy more, but we never did. 



[ via ]
Endless Reader is cool, but my least favorite of the three. In this one, it's a mini story. You're moving words into the right spaces instead of individual letters. These ones don't go into their spaces as easily, I find. My daughter got frustrated with this one. It's FREE as well, but again, not many levels but more you can purchase. 

The best part about all of these, is that my daughter isn't constantly getting annoyed by ads in her way. 

What are your favorite toddler-friendly apps?

No comments:

Post a Comment